The Segmented Worms (Annelida or Annulata)
1. Metamerism (segments)- the metamerism of the body of a typical annelid are distinctly grooved.
Locomotion- they used setae for locomotion which serves as hold fast when the worm is burrowing or moving over the ground.
Reproduction- the earthworm has both the male and female reproductive organs but there is no self fertilization
2. -mouth, pharynx, esophagus, crop, and gizzard
3. -they form its castings by the soil they take, in that contains food
4. -are dorsoxentrally flattened. They like mostly in ponds. Most leeches are "blood suckers" but some are predaceous
5. -leeches are often found in ponds and streams. They usually sucks blood
1. -because they have the power of regeneration and can even undergo grafting
2. -the value of leeches are some are bloodsuckers but some are predaceous
3. Number of germ layers- annelids have no number of germ layer
Symmetry- the annelids are bilaterally symmetrical
Habitat- annelids lives in land or fresh and salt water
Distinguishing characteristics- annelids have the power of regeneration.